Resources >> Scholarship Program
Lilly Reintegration Scholarship
HOW DO I APPLY FOR THE LILLY REINTEGRATION SCHOLARSHIP?
The window for submitting applications for the Lilly Reintegration Scholarship 2014-2015 academic year is now closed. Please come back on October 1 to download an application for the 2015-2016 school year.
WHO CAN APPLY FOR THE LILLY REINTEGRATION SCHOLARSHIP?
The Lilly Reintegration Scholarship is open to individuals diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, Schizoaffective Disorder or – as of October 2013 – Major Depressive Disorder.
Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) is a disabling mood disorder that, according to the National Institute of Mental Health, prevents a person from functioning normally. More specifically, a person living with MDD is likely to have a history of hospitalization, social isolation, severe and sustained impairment in ability to work and long-term disruption of ability to perform activities of daily living.
Annually, MDD affects 14.8 million American adults or about 6.7 percent of the U.S. population age 18 or older.
Along with the individual, MDD also affects loved ones – at times destroying relationships with family, friends and caregivers, and adversely affecting workplace dynamics. Therefore, the human cost in suffering cannot be overestimated.
Click here for more information.
In order to be eligible for consideration for the Lilly Reintegration Scholarship, applicants must:
· Have a documented diagnosis of bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder or major depressive disorder.
· To apply for a Lilly scholarship, you must be currently receiving medical treatment for the illness, including medications and psychiatric follow-up, or have a clear documented past history.
· Be actively involved in rehabilitative or reintegrative efforts, such as clubhouse membership, part-time work, volunteer efforts or school enrollment or in competitive employment.
· Complete an application package that includes an application form, essay, transcripts (if applicable), recommendation forms from three references and school financial requirements.
The Lilly Reintegration Scholarship program is designed to offer financial assistance for a wide range of educational opportunities in which students work to attain a certificate or degree.* Eligible programs include:
· High school equivalency programs
· Trade or vocational school programs
· Associate degrees
· Bachelor degrees
· Graduate degrees
* Please note, noncredit, online and distance learning courses are not covered under the scholarship.
Please click here to download a Lilly Reintegration Scholarship FAQ sheet
For more information please contact us via:
Mail: Lilly Secretariat
310 Busse Highway
Park Ridge, IL 60068-3251