The Baer Reintegration Scholarship Application for the 2018-2019 academic year will be available shortly. Our goal is to have it available prior to October 1st, 2017.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with further questions. Note all questions and correspondence regarding the Baer Scholarship Program are through email only.
Reintegration is an achievable goal and dreams are possible for those who have been touched by mental illness. The Center for Reintegration together with the Sidney R. Baer Jr. Foundation will continue to offer the Baer Reintegration Scholarship for those active in their recovery. The scholarship applications are generally available from October to January each year, and eligible applicants are invited to apply.
The scholarships cover a part or all of an education ranging from G.E.D. to Ph.D. The Sidney R. Baer, Jr. Foundation supports the efforts of organizations working to stimulate education, research and direct care in the mental health field. A businessman and consultant, Mr. Baer personally faced mental health challenges during his lifetime and sought to alleviate the suffering of those living with mental illness. Though he attended Yale University, he was unable to complete his studies, so he returned to his hometown of St. Louis where he worked in the family business, the department store Stix, Baer & Fuller. Through his hard work, he was able to increase the family fortune and upon his death left it in trust to be distributed to programs that serve the mission of reintegration.
We at the Center for Reintegration are proud to partner with the Baer Foundation.
Should you have any questions regarding the scholarship, please contact email@example.com. All communication regarding the Scholarship Program will be done via email only.
About the Baer Scholarship
Who can apply for a Baer Reintegration Scholarship?
These scholarships are for persons with schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, or bipolar disorder.
· Applicants must be currently receiving medical treatment for the illness, including medications and psychiatric follow-up.
· Be actively involved in rehabilitative or reintegrative efforts, such as clubhouse membership, part-time work, volunteer efforts or school enrollment or in competitive employment.
· Complete an application package that includes an application form, essay, transcripts (if applicable), recommendation forms from three references and school financial requirements.
What educational opportunities does the scholarship support?
The Reintegration Scholarship program is designed to offer financial assistance for a wide range of educational opportunities in which students work to attain a certificate or degree.* Eligible programs include:
· High school equivalency programs
· Trade or vocational school programs
· Associate degrees
· Bachelor degrees
· Graduate degrees
* Please note, noncredit, online and distance learning courses are not covered under the scholarship.
For more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. All communication for the scholarships will be done via email only.