The Baer Reintegration Scholarship Application for the 2018-2019 academic year is now available. There are now TWO methods for applying!
* PLEASE NOTE: You must choose ONE method of applying and follow all instructions for that specific application process. We will NOT accept applications that are partially mailed in, and partially submitted online, even if all materials for an applicant are sent in to the Baer Reintegration Scholarship Program. Applicants have the option between a hard application and an e-application, however they must submit every application material within the method that of their choosing; with the exception of the recommendation forms. If references will not submit the e-form; they may mail it in to the Baer Reintegration Scholarship PO Box.
Method 1: Print & Mail: Please click here to download the application, fill out, and send back to us at the address on the application. Be sure to follow all written instructions carefully.
Method 2: Via our online application. There are three pieces to the application:
1) Application Form & Essay (see below for Essay Requirements)
* If you prefer your recommendations be written and submitted please click to download the Psychiatrist or Prescribing Authority Recommendation .pdf, or the General Recommendation .pdf.
ALL FORMS MUST BE SUBMITTED FOR THE APPLICATION TO BE COMPLETE.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with further questions. Note all questions and correspondence regarding the Baer Scholarship Program are through email only.
Essay must be no longer than three double-spaced typed pages and must include the following section headings; to make six separate sections to the essay.
- My Career Goal and My Rationale for Choosing This Goal
- How This Course of Study Will Help Me Achieve My Career Goal
- How My Illness Has Impacted My Ability to Succeed in School, Maintain Employment or Establish Relationships
- Steps I Have Taken to Prepare for Pursuit of This Education
- Rationale for the Specific School Chosen
- My Plans to Continue Treatment While Pursuing an Education
About the Center for Reintegration
Reintegration is an achievable goal and dreams are possible for those who have been touched by mental illness. The Center for Reintegration together with the Sidney R. Baer Jr. Foundation will continue to offer the Baer Reintegration Scholarship for those active in their recovery. The scholarship applications are generally available from October to January each year, and eligible applicants are invited to apply.
The scholarships cover a part or all of an education ranging from G.E.D. to Ph.D. The Sidney R. Baer, Jr. Foundation supports the efforts of organizations working to stimulate education, research and direct care in the mental health field. A businessman and consultant, Mr. Baer personally faced mental health challenges during his lifetime and sought to alleviate the suffering of those living with mental illness. Though he attended Yale University, he was unable to complete his studies, so he returned to his hometown of St. Louis where he worked in the family business, the department store Stix, Baer & Fuller. Through his hard work, he was able to increase the family fortune and upon his death left it in trust to be distributed to programs that serve the mission of reintegration.
We at the Center for Reintegration are proud to partner with the Sidney R. Baer Jr. Foundation.
Should you have any questions regarding the scholarship, please contact email@example.com. All communication regarding the Scholarship Program will be done via email only.